PETRA is a research group concentrating its activities on:
- Empirical research of different aspects and phases of translation processes.
- Development of a theoretical frame based on second generation cognitive paradigms.
- Development of software to support research activities and professional tasks, according to the results of the empirical research.
PETRA’s site is worth the visit as it contains many useful materials:
- CogTrans Search: PETRA’s Google-powered custom search engine to look for information related to cognitive translatology.
- petraTAG and petraREV: a tagger and a tool for editing translations.
- A reading list on cognitive translatology.
- A external links section, including references to journals, publishers, scholars, research groups, methods…
- An introductio to Código, a project for “objective characterization of the general difficulty of originals”.