//Preserving the unstable balance in cost, quality and turnaround//
- TM alone is not sufficient to reach the goals, specially in cost limits.
- There is a general assumption that MT is essentially available for free and with sufficient quality to be unchecked.
- Costs associated to MT:
- cost of the sofware/service (generally sold by language pair + number of users + translation volume)
- installation fee
- maintenance (updates + technical support)
- customizing the system:
- dictionary updates and development (for RBMT)
- training corpora
- custom file filters
- interface with other CAT tools
- sample texts for evaluating system performance
- training users
- Objective: improve the efficiency of the whole translation pipeline